• When making your own airfare arrangements, you must obtain from the airline or travel agency a receipt showing class of service and proof of payment - not a boarding pass.
• For electronic tickets, you must obtain a receipt – not a confirmation – showing: passenger name, issue date, ticket number or other proof of payment, total cost, class of service, itinerary or routing of flights, and payment type.
• Harvard will reimburse for economy class, round-trip airfare for domestic flights. If you are traveling internationally or require different arrangements, please contact Michaela or Dell in the Du Bois Events Office (email@example.com or 617.495.3611) before making flight plans to determine which class of service will be allowed.
• First-class service is prohibited to and from all destinations.
• If you choose to take the train, Harvard will reimburse the cost of a round-trip standard-rate ticket.
• Business class is allowed for Boston to New York City and Boston to Washington, DC.
• If the itinerary is longer than six hours, please contact Michaela or Dell in the Du Bois Events Office (firstname.lastname@example.org or 617.495.3611) to determine if first class will be allowed.
Ground Transportation Reimbursement
• Harvard will reimburse for the cost of round-trip cab fare between Boston’s Logan Airport and your hotel or the Broad Institute.
• Harvard will reimburse for parking or round trip cab fare at your home airport/train station.
•You may also be reimbursed for the cost of public transportation.
• If you need to make other transportation arrangements, please contact Michaela or Dell in the Du Bois Events Office (email@example.com or 617.495.3611).